Monday, October 6, 2014

I'm a tree hugger…literally…Designing on a Tree.

At the end of May I had a bride with a bit of an issue.  A concrete paved patio where the outdoor ceremony would happen…at the end of the aisle a gigantic oak tree.  She wanted an arbor, or an arch…and I just kept thinking how 'off' it would look with that big ol' tree behind it.  So I made a suggestion, let's use the tree.  Instead of trying to hide it let's make it part of the ceremony so it distracts from the concrete.  And that's how this design came about.

And I did have to hug the tree to create the base this design was made on.  I visited the site before the wedding to measure and construct the frame.  It was a beautiful day, Kenzie brought her coloring book and crayons and Olivia napped in the stroller while I worked (CJ was at school).  The wedding day was another story though.  It rained all morning, and when I started on the tree it was still drizzling and the staff was setting up the ceremony under a tent where the cocktail hr was to be held.  Then, about one hour before the ceremony started…the skies parted and the pretty tree had a chance to show off her dress.
















  It's so funny, in all, about 4hrs went into this design, from the trip to the venue before hand and building the frame to doing all the designing on site the day of the wedding…and I love how it looks like it was always there...

No comments:

Post a Comment