Thursday, April 24, 2014

Toasted Wedding Event Brooklyn NY

  I was in such a groove before vacation, but I was looking forward to a little break….my groove was totally thrown off and I feel like it took me forever to catch up with everything when I got back.   

The first thing I had to look forward upon my return was the Toasted Wedding Event in Brooklyn.  I had no clue what my booth was going to look like, even two days before the event.  I did know that I wanted to incorporate a hanging branch 'chandelier' in the design…that's it…I didn't even have a color palette.  I'm doing a version of the branch 'chandelier' this June and the wedding show was the perfect place to try it out!   I was hoping that the flowers would speak to me when I went into the flower district in NYC.  Boy did they…so much so that I actually made a second trip in because I couldn't stop thinking about the white peonies I didn't buy the first time around!  It was so freeing not to have a shopping lists…just to buy the stuff that looked cool to me!   And if I tell you the color palette ended up being purple, orange, and white you might gag, but once you see what I came up with below you will be a total believer!  



 Here's my booth.  I used my birch branch Chuppah draped with white fabric.  My new sign! 



Here is how the branch chandelier turned out…..for the wedding in June it will have tea lights on it!  





How absolutely sick is this succulent….seriously I can't even take it!


And my corsage jewelry.  Perfect alternative for the cheesy prom bands or something different for your bridesmaids.  That's a ring i made down in front! 




Then I snuck outside to get some better pictures of the bouquet.  On my way out one of the 'bouncers' for the event said…."for me".  I said "Sure" and handed it to him…I took some close up shots of the bouquet…...but this one was my favorite :)….isn't he cute!  






I was standing on the corner looking like a fool waiting for the wind to blow just right….it took about 5 minutes to get this shot!  I love the beautiful flowers with the roughness of the mailbox and graffiti.  



The bouquet had wheat, artichokes, rose hips, white peonies, white lilac,  succulents,  daffodils (from my own garden!) garden roses, clematis, eucalyptus pods, allium (the stems on these guys were awesome..I had to show them off)


Here's looking forward to an amazing May!  

No comments:

Post a Comment