Monday, April 28, 2014

A Chapel Designers Feature on "The Full Bouquet"




So I'm a Chapel Designer…it's like AA for floral designers….I'm working on updating my blog and website with my badge….but my May is packed to the gills and of course my girls, my brides, come first. 

I'm just sneaking a minute away from them to tell you a little about the Chapel Designers, and if you haven't heard of us you will…we are an amazing group of floral designers and we are located all across the United States…and some of us are even in Europe.   The group was started by Holly Heider Chapple, she does amazing floral designs in the D.C. area, besides just being an awesomely genuine and wonderful woman.  She realized that support was lacking within the flower community.   Designers didn't want to share what they knew…and maybe you say "Well sure, if you figured out how to create something why would you let someone else benefit from your knowledge"  She is changing that.   The philosophy of the Chapel Designers is that we are honest, open, supportive, and in this as a whole we all become stronger.  

We last met in New York City, I posted about attending the conference a month or so back.  Say I want to buy a floral cooler and don't know were to start…I can turn to my fellow Chapel Designers and through our private Facebook forum ask and immediately other designers start responding with questions to ask when buying the cooler, things to look out for, problems they've experienced.  It's amazing.  So when you hire one of us, realize that there are almost 200 other designers who've got our back.  We are a total Flower Power Posse.   

So weekly Holly Chapple dedicates one of her blog posts to our work.  Her assistant says…send me picture of your work with ranunculus…we do, and some of us are chosen to be featured on the blog.   Happily I was featured a few weeks ago…on a ranunculus post.  Here's the link to see me and the fabulous work with ranunculus by my fellow Chapel Designers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment