Thursday, August 7, 2014

A May Wedding at The Grand Summit Hotel

I can't believe it's August and I'm just finding a little time to squeeze in a post about a wedding from May...and May, June, July…all beautiful months with lots of beautiful weddings to share.   So slowly I will be catching up.  I think I  might need to hire an intern! Business has grown by leaps and bounds the past 6 months, and the next 6 months of this year are just as busy.   I'm so excited to be doing what I love and contributing to the family trough.  I love flowers, and I love that I can do what I love and help support my family.



I loved working with Corey and her mom Nina.  Corey was planning everything from afar, so I spent lots of time chatting with her mom.  Now you might be thinking, ugh mother of the bride.  She was probably driving you crazy…but not in the least.  She was so genuinely excited for her daughter that it was so wonderful working with her.  She helped me remember that a wedding is not just about the bride and groom, but how it brings their families together.  We just chatted, and it was nice.  I knew about her moms hair debacle when the hair dresser who had helped her grow her hair out for a year suddenly forgot the end goal and cut it all off, about the dress shopping, about how everything else with the wedding was coming along.   My mom passed away about 9 years ago, and I miss just chatting with her.  And while I was helping Nina decide if they needed to find more vintage china   (all the centerpieces were in groupings of vintage china on the tables), Nina was helping fill a little void in my life.

When Corey and Nina first came to me with the idea of the vintage china I was a little worried.   Honestly I've had some bride supply items that were not pretty and I had made it my new policy not to use items that I had not purchased myself.  But when they showed me the pictures of what they had already collected I was hooked.  So for about 6 months here and there they picked things up.   Then they delivered them to my door, where I created groupings of pieces to design in.  The lighting in the venue is terrible, so my pictures aren't so great, thankfully Dove Photography captured some beautiful images.

Corey at first was a blush and white bride, then she became a coral, orange, blush bride…and I'm so happy she decided to go the brighter route.  We used peonies, spray roses, jasmine vine, helios garden roses, Juliet garden roses, peach parrot tulips, and dusty miller in the designs.  The centerpieces also included hypericum berries and astrantia.  Enjoy the photos!





















So now I feel a little better..one of my spring weddings is out there in the world!




2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Tracey, for your beautiful florals! my only regret is that we don't have more pictures of your gorgeous creations in our beautiful china!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Corey I can send you some that I took…the lighting in the room was horrible and it was really hard to get good pictures. I actually took some arrangements out into the cocktail hr area and got some shots. I'll send them to you now!

    ReplyDelete