Thursday, April 28, 2016

Been a Long Time

So I have no idea when I last blogged.  Last season was a beautiful, flowery whirlwind.  Then came the Holidays, then my Dad was hospitalized twice.  The first time ended up being a blessing in disguise, because it was during that hospitalization that they noticed something just wasn't quite right with his heart.  A triple bypass later, and a very rough recovery life is finally getting back to normal.  And by normal I mean the crazy harried life that involves, three kids (8,6,2), their activities, and flowering.  While my "normal" is pretty crazy, I will take it over the stress and worry that I felt when my dad was in the hospital any day.  My dad is my Chuppah builder, my babysitter, he will come to help at a moments notice and I am beyond thankful that he is going to be ok.  I am beyond thankful that he ended up in the hospital that first time, because it saved his life.  With all that said my "normal" is pretty awesome and I'm so happy to be back to it.

This wedding happened during the "normal" of the end of last season.  The couple and I got along so well and having meetings with them felt like hanging out with friends.  We started out with an all white color palette, then I suggested doing hoops for the bridesmaids.  I was trying the idea out for a photo shoot and told the brides to look at the pictures and we could decide from there.  Then the brides saw some of my designs on instagram, with more color, deeper colors.   So that was incorporated into the design.   And then the bride started to feel that her bouquet, which was going to be traditional and white, might not compare when next to the bridesmaids hoops.   She told me to create something dramatic, something that the hoops looked like an accessory to.  And I did a little happy dance.  My advice for brides out there.  Find a designer you like, one that works in the style you are looking for, one you could totally hand things over and know that you can completely trust that they understand your vision.

All the fabulous images are from the talented Erin H. Photography 















2 comments: